NEW FORMAT: The Peto Cup Celebration and Regatta will have a new format for 2020. We will not be at the Island Heights Yacht Club this year, but the Peto Cup Celebration will preserve the spirit of the Peto Cup and guarantee some mid-summer fun!
WHEN: Thursday, August 6 through Saturday, August 8
Plans are underway for the A Cat and MC Scow fleets to race for the Peto Cup on Saturday, August 8 as part of the BBYRA’s first race of the 2020 season. Watch the races from Wanamaker Field in Island Heights. Start times to be announced.
Starting Thursday, August 6 at 10:00 am and continuing through midnight on Saturday, August 8, participate in our online auction by visiting https://www.charityauctionstoday.com/auctions/Peto-Cup-12991. We will have 25+ of your most favorite auction items available:
- Original works of art and photographs by local artists
- Hand carved model by Don Bottomley
- Tickets to "My Fair Lady"
- 34” sailboat model from recycled metal
- A night in a luxury suite at the historic Union League in Philadelphia
- …and so much more!
Order your boxed picnic lunch for $40 and receive a red Mount Gay Rum hat with your order, plus some additional surprises from Mount Gay!
Picnic lunches must be ordered no later than Wednesday, August 5th at 4:00 pm. Lunches are provided by ‘A Thyme for All Seasons’ in downtown Toms River. To order, scroll down or hit the "Register for Event" button. Sandwich selections include:
Pick Up Instructions:
- Grilled vegetables
- Pulled pork on a Kaiser roll
- Cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato
- Grilled chicken bruschetta panini with mozzarella and balsamic glaze
- Plus 3 sides with every order
Picnic lunches will be available for pick-up in the Peto Museum garden, 102 Cedar Avenue, Island Heights from 11:30 to 2:00 on Saturday, August 8.
Raffle tickets will be for sale soon at a cost of $20 each and will be available from Peto Board members or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank our sponsors for their support:
- Silent Maid
- Allison Systems
- Carluccio, Leone, Dimon, Doyle, & Sacks, LLC, Attorneys
- Garvey Ballou, Counsellors at Law
- Morgan Engineering
- Mount Gay Rum